National Special Education Centre for Hearing Impaired Children
Q. Is there any fee or monthly charges to get admitted in the special education centre?
Ans. No, there is no fee / monthly charges.
Q. When the admissions are opened?
Ans. Admissions are opened throughout the year.
Q. What about the Pick& Drop facility?
Ans. Pick and drop facility is provided to special children.
Q. Are there any charges for pick and drop?
Ans. There are no charges for pick and drop of children.
Q. What facilities can this centre provide to my Hearing Impaired Child after admission in the centre ?
Ans. Following facilities are provided to Hearing Impaired Children after admission in the centre:-
- Academic Assessment / Education.
- Clinical Assessment / Audiometry.
- Speech Assessment / Speech Therapy.
- On the basis of assessment IEP is designed to meet the Special Educational needs of each child.
- The general education curriculum with modified syllabus is adopted in the centre.
- Education up to SSC & HSSC level.
- The Centre is affiliated with FBISE.
Q. Is the academic staff well qualified to educate and rehabilitate the child?
Ans. Academic staff is highly qualified and well trained in the field of Hearing Impairment.
Q. Does the school provide books / stationery / hearing aids free of cost?
Ans. No, we do not provide books / stationery / hearing aids free of cost, except to needy children.
Q. Is it possible for my child to understand and speak after getting education in this Institution?
Ans. It depends upon the level of Impairment and efforts of parents with the child and cooperation to the staff.
Q. Is there any Hostel facility available?
Ans. Hostel facility is available only for college boys, subject to the availability of seats.
Q. Does this institute provide services better than the private institutions?
Ans. Yes of course.
Q. How many skills are taught in College?
Ans. Following skills are taught in the college.
- Art and Model Drawing.
- Health & physical Education.
- Home Economics.
- Computer and associated skills like Maths, Science and Language etc.?
Q. Will my child be able to get a job after completing the education ?
Ans. Yes, it depends upon competency of the child and availability of job.
National Institute of Special Education, Islamabad
Q. What are the core responsibilities of NISE?
- To provide and arrange trainings and workshops for Special Education professionals for their capacity building to cope the needs of PWDs and CWDs
- To conduct researches on various fields of disabilities.
- To develop the curriculum & other materials for Special Education and Rehabilitation of PWDs.
- To provide management guidance and counseling to the parents of children with disabilities.
Q. Who can apply/participate in the trainings/workshops?
Ans Professionals associated with Special Education, Social Welfare Development departments of Federal government, Provincial governments, representatives of NGOs/INGOs who deal with PWDs and their rehabilitation can apply and participate. The Parents of the children with disabilities can directly approach the NISE for participation in the training courses.
Q. What should be the qualification of the applicant/participant?
Ans. For basic training courses, applicant/participant must be literate enough to understand the contents of the courses. However, for the advance courses, a Bachelor degree/professional degree is required.
Q. How to apply for participation?
Ans. Applicant must route his/her application through their nominating agencies i.e. Federal government/Provincial governments/NGOs/INGOs.
Q. Where can participant stay during the training period?
Ans. NISE has its own hostel facility in its premises; participant from out of city can stay in the hostel free of cost.
Q. How and who can avail the facilities available in NISE?
Ans. Ministries/Divisions/attached departments of the Federal government and NGOs/INGOs and Organizations working for/with disabilities can avail the facilities of well-equipped multipurpose hall, multimedia etc. after paying prescribed fee.
Rehabilitation Centre for Children with Developmental Disorder
Q. When are admissions opened?
Ans. Admissions are open throughout year.
Q. Do you have any hostel facility?
Ans. No, we don’t have any hostel facility.
Q. Do you have any doctor to cope up with any emergency?
Ans. Yes, we have a doctor.
Q. Do you have Occupational Therapy (OT)?
Ans Yes we have OT.
Q. Can my child do his matriculation (SSC) from here?
Ans. No, we follow different and modified curriculum.
Q. Have your children ever appeared in class 5th board examination?
Ans. Yes, this year some of our student passed class 5th board examination held under FBISE, Islamabad.
Q. Do you have any pick & drop facility?
Ans. Yes, we have pick & drop facility.
Q. Do you charge for your pick & drop facility?
Ans. We don’t charge for pick & drop facility.
Q. Do you charge any tuition fee?
Ans. No, we don’t charge any tuition fee.
Q. My child has speech problem, can you people help?
Ans. Yes we have two speech therapist for this purpose.
Q. Do you have regular classes like normal education?
Ans. No, we have classes according to IQ level.
Q. Do you provide free uniform?
Ans. No, we don’t provide free uniform.
Q. Do you provide food for the children?
Ans. No, we don’t provide food for the children.
Q. What is the age requirement for admission?
Ans. We admit children between the age of 5 to 12 years.
Q. What happens to the children who reach the ages of 16-17 years?
Ans. They are referred to National Training Center for Special Persons, Islamabad for vocational training.
United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Q. What does UNCRPD stands for?
Ans. UNCRPD stands for United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Q. Has Pakistan ratified the UNCRPD? What does that mean?
Ans. Yes Pakistan ratified UNCRPD on 5th July 2011. It is a law of our Country now. Pakistan is legally bound by the convention and has to implement it. If a human right is denied to a person with disability, He/She can go to the court on the basis of UNCRPD.
Q. What are the rights of disabled people? What new rights are mentioned in UNCRPD?
Ans. All people have equal rights, weather a person has disability or not. UNCRPD does not provide any new right. UNCRPD clarifies and reiterates how all categories of rights apply to persons with disabilities. It elaborates in detail the rights of persons with disabilities and sets out a code of implementation.
Q. Can you please tell us what rights have been talked about in UNCRPD?
Ans. UNCRPD talks of the following rights for persons with disabilities:
- Equality before the law without discrimination (Article 5)
- Right to life, liberty and security of the person (Article 10 & 14)
- Equal recognition before the law and legal capacity (Article 12)
- Freedom from torture (Article 15)
- Freedom from exploitation, violence and abuse (Article 16)
- Right to respect physical and mental integrity (Article 17)
- Freedom of movement and nationality (Article 18)
- Right to live in the Community (Article 19)
- Freedom of expression and opinion (Article 21)
- Respect for Privacy (Article 22)
- Respect for the Home and the Family (Article 23)
- Right to Education (Article 24)
- Right to Health (Article 25)
- Right to Work (Article 27)
- Right to Adequate Standards of Living (Article 28)
- Right to Participate in Political and Public Life (Article 29)